- 1 1/2 cups cucumber or roughly 1 large cucumber, peeled and de-seeded
- 2 1/2 TBSP red wine vinegar
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped (no seeds)
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped (no seeds)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 TSP ginger, minced (not dried)
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 cup mint, chopped
- 1 cup fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1 TSP salt
- 1 TSP pepper
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
Garnish with chopped cucumber, mint, a dollop of yogurt, and cilantro.
Calorie Count: 450 calories for the entire batch!
Blend all the ingredients together, chill and enjoy!
Cucumbers contain approximately 96% water, making them at the top of the list for solid foods with the highest water content.
Vocal Health Tip:
One clove of garlic contains 5 mg of calcium, 2 mg of potassium, and more than 100 sulfuric compounds powerful enough to eliminate bacteria and infection. A single 1 oz. serving of garlic yields 23% of the recommended daily amount of manganese, 17% of vitamin B6, 15% of vitamin C, and 6% of the recommended daily amount of selenium (essential for immune health).